– Would you like to enhance your life and functional ability?
– Are you looking to restore and maintain a level of physical function that permits independent living?
– Are you looking to decrease pain, improve joint mobility, increase strength and coordination?
– Are you looking to recover from a work injury or suffering after a game or event?
– Are you looking to manage a chronic illness while still living an active and healthy lifestyle?
– Are you looking for a drug free health care practice to live pain free?
If you have answered YES to one or more of the above questions then PHYSIOTHERAPY might just be the thing you are looking for!
Here at the beach house, we are providing a range of services in musculoskeletal physiotherapy.The techniques used in musculoskeletal physiotherapy are widely beneficial in relaxing and detoxifying the body and would greatly complement the retreat you have chosen to attend.
Physiotherapy has been in existence from over a thousand years with its origin dating back to the time of Hippocrates. Physiotherapy primarily focuses on promoting, developing, maintaining and restoring maximum movement and functional ability throughout one’s lives.
Our physiotherapist has an in depth anatomical and physiological knowledge of the body and its movements, the focus of therapy being to promote wellbeing, mobility and independence at all ages. Physiotherapy focuses on removing the cause of the problem as opposed to superficially treating the symptoms. This process would take some time but the results are often more permanent with less chance of the disorder or symptoms recurring.
A doctor’s referral is not needed for physiotherapy.
The Physiotherapy Includes:
- A personalized assessment that focuses on the physical, physiological and psychological wellbeing with a view of reaching a diagnosis and developing the most appropriate and suitable treatment plan for you.
- An extensive assessment will include your health history, evaluation of pain and movement patterns, strength, joint range of motion, reflexes, sensation, motor functions, posture, gait and cardio respiratory status.
- The physiotherapist would also examine relevant X-rays, laboratory tests, medical records and surgical notes (please carry your reports if you have any).
- Based on this assessment, the physiotherapist establishes a diagnosis and discusses the findings, the cause of the problem and suggests a solution, exercise, home treatment or exercise program or various modalities that can be used to effectively treat the health problem.
The first appointment usually takes about an hour for a full assessment. Subsequent treatments can be shorter or longer depending upon the condition and the treatment required. They can range from thirty to forty minutes in length.
The treatment includes therapeutic exercises, electrical modalities such as TENS (Trans cutaneous electrical nerve stimulation), ultrasound, Interferential Therapy (IFT), traction (cervical and lumbar), passive movements, assisted passive movements, home exercise program, heat therapy, wax therapy, etc.
Who should Retreat
Who Would Benefit:
Physiotherapy is the best option for you if you’re having any of the following conditions:
- Muscle spasms
- Joint stiffness
- Osteo arthritis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Calcaneal spur
- Perarthritis shoulder or frozen shoulder
- Post exercise muscle soreness
- Back pain
- Spondylitis (Cervical and lumbar)
- Spondylosis (Cervical and lumbar)
- Tennis elbow
- Inflammations of joints
- Muscle strengthening
- Improve flexibility
- Neck pain
- Acute torticollis
- Wry neck
- Cervicogenic Headaches
- Lumbar Prolapsed/Slipped discs
- Postural conditions
- Low Back Pain
- Adhesive Capsulitis
- Post Fracture Pain
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Calf strains
- Shin splints
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Knee pain
- Low back pain
In addition to all of these, you can also choose physiotherapy to ease your muscle soreness or fatigue after journey / exercise.
How you Benefit
Benefits You Can Expect From This Therapy:
- Total relief or reduction in pain
- Reduction in inflammation
- Provision of strategies and tips to best manage your injury or condition
- Helps you recover quickly to your normal activities.
- Improvedflexibility, muscle strength, quality of movement, proprioception and co-ordination.
- Assistance to achieve exercise or functional goals.
- Improvement in your level of fitness.
- Help to prevent future injury recurrences.
- Prescription of exercises to do at home or work in the gym to enhance your recovery.
We work on promoting independence by placing emphasis on what you can do for yourself and on education to prevent future injuries and disabilities.